Blog News


Because the real Opiate of the Asses goes by the name "Ego" now. Fuck you.

Monday, June 25, 2012

D

I just finished a debate and I wanted to write this while it's still fresh in my mind.

It's interesting how your perspective of someone can change so quickly. I was trolling a chatsite with Z͜͠͞a̧͠l̢͜g͟͡o̴͘t̶͏e͘x̀͠t̸̛ when someone identified by the letter D (and some other random dashes and shit) started talking to me. Originally I got the vibe that he was just another conspiracy theorist, he thought I was a demon, I called him out on being a dumbass, and he started talking about Atlantis. I continued calling him a dumbass, but then I got interested and we engaged in a pretty engaging debate.


I was extremely surprised when he agreed with my point of view, saying he needs to rebuild his theory. I realized how set in my beliefs we are, and how set I am. I know that I am right because I can prove it, to me, proof is everything. But I realized how closed minded I've become. He made a couple good points with the Bermuda triangle, I'm going to have to look into that.


As much as I hate to say it, the world needs more people like D, open minded people, even though I fucking hate conspiracy theorists. A necessary evil I suppose. I can only hope it's not too late for me to open my own mind.

1 comment:

  1. My words on a chat site have traveled through one eye and can now be seen by many. I enjoyed our conversation and applaud you for not only accepting my opinion or theories, but for defending yours as well. We could all definitely be more open minded, and i am glad you included my "Rebuild" statement. We all have theories, and we all want answers(some of us so convinced we have them), but if there is anything i would've wanted you (or others) to gain from this debate is the that there is a 3rd option aside from agree and disagree, and that is the option of Possibility. defending an opinion is fine, and i encourage all to do so, but to truly be open minded is to realize the possibility that you may be wrong, and perhaps build or add more to your theory or theories by accepting the possibilities of another's. The sooner you do that, the sooner the "debate" will end, and an agreement, or agreement to disagree, will be reached. to be truly open minded is to examine not only the front or back of the coin, but other coins as well.Perhaps i will get the chance to have another, if not more, of these "debates" with you Origin, it truly was a pleasure. Had i known you would have blogged about it, i would have maybe closed my eyes for a few minutes, and prepared a better, more energetic presentation lol, but even as tired as i was, i believe you portrayed a good summary of our much longer talk.

    Till next time...

    D

    ReplyDelete