Blog News


Because the real Opiate of the Asses goes by the name "Ego" now. Fuck you.

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Flash 8

It's been a while since I've made a post. I've been working with Flash 8 a lot recently. While it is a resource whore, it's easy to work with after a little bit of practice and there is unlimited possibilities. I've begun drafting a game called "Puzzle Mansion". It's pretty stupid and corny but it's a start. I'm mainly writing it to get acquainted with actionscript and the program. The one objection I do have to flash is the organization of the script itself. Since the program is design focused rather than script focused, it makes it harder to remember where you use certain variables and for what purpose. Flash does require a lot of organization and ti can get  cluttered fairly easily if you don't keep everything accounted for. The program handles this well with the symbols library, and it's easy to stay organized once you really get going.

However, I'm no artist, knowing this I made the protagonist of Puzzle Mansion realize this and remark on it several times. I'm now seriously searching for a partner who is adept in creating designs in Flash, or any similar program. My crappy art just won't cut it. I'm a writer, not an artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment